Liquid eye liner is easy to apply once you know what you are doing, it doesn't smudge as much as the pencil (when let to dry) - I prefer Maybelline Stiletto - it's quick to dry and easy to get off)
That being said i personally like to put the eye liner on the bottom of my eyes first mainly because it is an easier to access than the top.
- Take the eyeliner and trace the line of your eye, like everyone else says, but what is extra important is that when you are tracing your eye, think of the angle - if you make it a straight line, even though your eye isn't straight your top line will have to come down to meet it, which will give you an almost sad look.
- If you trace your eye perfectly (not necessary and so typical) it will bring you to meet the upper eyeline in the middle. It is good to experiment with many angles to get a desired look
- Before putting on the top layer of eyeliner, it is good to put on
your eye shadow first, (unless you want a smokey blended look) - apply your choice of eye shadow, then put on your eyeliner on the top of your eyes, it seems to pop more and doesn't get covered by the dust of eyeshadow
- For mascara I love to use the little curling things (i have no clue
what they're called its a little metal contraption that you squeeze your
eyelashes with) if you have ever been afraid to use one, they are simpler than they look. I like to hold for at least ten seconds pretty tight.
- Once that's done apply the mascara (eyelash lengthener is optional) to both top and bottom lashes - it emphasizes the eye
- Then just apply basic foundation, powder is better than a liquid cover which can be messy and look overdone. Pick foundation as close to your skin tone as possible. It is used to even out skin tone not change it completely
- Add some lipstick or whatever you feel necessary. The best make up tip I've ever known is experiment experiment experiment
submitted by Isabella
11/03: 'don't pull on your eye or the skin around it!! just use a q-tip so pull your lids slightly. if you just pull on it with your finger or if you pull too much you could cause aging and a young youthful age.' - inotara minki ku
09/03: 'you have to make it you....you just cant go along and copy every body else you have to express yourself, so first start of with a lil eye shadow something that is bright and glowy but make sure it matches what you are wearing even if it is just jewelry, and then apply a light layer of eye liner and put it where u are wanting it to go and if u like it then go for it and then trace over the eye liner and make it much much darker but it could take some getting use to making your eye liner so dark but just try it out anyways....and if you havent yet tried the lil pointy part on the end of your eye that sticks out you should you look way more scene and by pointy part i mean the eye liner that you apply on the outer part of each eye thats pointy...so yeah hope i helped! ' - mackenna carter
04/03: 'try layering up eyeliners, like a pencil around the inside of the upper lid (whilst its open) and then close eye, and drag liquid eyeliner from the center outwards... neaten it up obv XD but mainly just doing pencil right inside, and then liquid to get the shape right works really well. oha and layering colours! like when I'm at school and get told off for wearing it really thick, then i use gold on the top lid, cos it's still really bright and stands out, plus it stays on longer than eyeshadow.' - Kezzy-Kesbe
16/02: 'I recently found a great way to remove eyeliner (of any type).I do this every night and it makes my skin smooth and gets rid of the eyeliner! :)
I like to use 'Baby Oil'. I apply some of the baby oil on a soft cloth and gently scrub around my eyes. (don't be afraid to get any in your eyes, it doesn't hurt) :) Hope this helped!!' - Chica_xoxo
09/02: 'Right, get a thick sharpend pencil eyeliner and look up and gently make a line of black all the way along the bottom of you under-lid (corner to corner), then put a coat underneath you eye and smudge it in, then but a huge black line (as big and as thick as you want) on the top lid and colour it in, IT WORKS!(:, xx' - emily-roseee
23/01: 'I find that if i use a soft eyeliner that it helps to have your eyes clean like some people said but to also make sure that ur mascara is off. when u have mascara on it slightly blocks you from getting all the eyeliner on right.. now..
My moms a famouse make up artist and she has done a lot of stars makeup and her tips are..
- if your hair is dark then its gonna make you look paler than you already are so you need to darken up the skin tone a bit..
- use bare minerals with a shade darker in foundation and make sure that it's spread out evenly.
- your eyes are more attractive and look younger if there's not a lot on of eyeliner but at times you should go a little wild and crazyy with it. if you feel that its to wild then take a q-tip and some eye make up remover and slightly rub the top and un thicken it as much as you can!! and more questions email me at - Saige :Pemail@example.com
17/01: 'The best eyeliner (not liquid) in my opinion is Maybelline New York unstoppable eyeliner and I always get the onyx or black but sometimes the black is hard 2 find ;33 and I like it cuz it doesn't smudge at all and it's waterproof cuz I'm very emotiionallz and cry a lot :/ anyways, I always start at tha bottom water line the go to the bottom lash line and at tha top get as close as u can to tha lashez and then if u mess up put some eyeshadow over it and re-aplly :33' - XXxx8DSmileZbbayxxXX
School time is so close, and the uniforms in wardrobe just die to be seen again, not bad if you look super cool in your uniform, and it's flattering. You might call yourself lucky. But what about the rest of us, who are just scared to think of putting this lumpy grey things and become mass product for next few months? There's way around, with a little help of our readers, we've put together few simple tips how to decorate School Outfit to look more Scene:
- This is more like a rock chick look but try out a strapped siver/grey sequined dress about 6 inches above your knee and then over that put a tranclucent grey off shoulder top with a design of some sort on the front, but make sure the top shows the bottom of the dress. It's a really cute rock chick outfit but casualised if you know what i mean :] -'Lottiee..
- you could use scene hair bands in school colours, and maybe some Jelly Bracelets or some jumbo pin on your shirt? that's what i do =D
- If you are allowed purple or black in your school uniform, those are the best colors you could possibly have for a scene outfit! Wear scarves and other accessories. That's what I do... My main thing for pulling it off is scarves and awesome shoes. Oh! and TONS of hair accessories!
- get purple or black skinnies, also black and white checkered hoodie, or hoodies that are in your school colours, and put a black top or white top on underneath a sweater, just ideas to get you started
- wear some black and white tee or a puple tee. Wear some grey sweater with open front, so you can see the tops, vests are pretty cool 2 x
Hope these few tips give you some idea and inspiration how to decorate school outfit, if you've got tip of your own, please share here - use the form below!
29/08: 'Or u can i have an super skinny jeans blue or an other color and mix it with an cute colorful shirt!!!!!' - Danielle Thomas
03/09: 'If you go to a paticularly strict school then heres what you can do.
- Customise EVERYTHING as much as is allowed.
- If youre school doesn't allow makeup or crazy hair colours then where
big scene shades, necklaces, nail varnish, etc.
- If your schol does, go as far as school rules allow!
- for the makeup eyeliner mascara and foundation and maybe eyeshadow.
- For your hair tip your head upside down and straighten it that way to
add more volume and then tease it, spray it [any strong hair spray will do
but gottaB glued is stellar] add a cute bow.
- You WILL get mean comments but don't listen! Being scene is all about
being indavidual! Be yourself and have fun <3
Love Yas x x x'
Here is the place to share your thoughts and get inspired! Got something really spicy you'd like to share with others, tell the public about your shopping experience with LBC, or leave thumbs up / down for a product you've purchased? There's no better place like LBC experience! Read the reviews below, and if you feel like you can't hold it, send us your thoughts using the form below.
To spice it a bit more, once a month we'll reward the author of the most interesting review with £25.00 shopping voucher!
Wake up the writer inside, and share your thoughts with others!
'Hello, I have received my order which is the two jackets, i am very happy on how fast it came, and the material feels great and its very comfortable. I will shop on Little Black Cherry again :)'
Gina (27/07/10) - Ladies Scene Queen Gift Set
'Dear Marlene, I just received the package and I really like the T shirt. Thank you very much :) Actually, I am a big fan of Slash and I couldn't be happier when I
found the T shirt the other day. Best - Shin'
Shin, Tokyo (10/08) - Mouse Disturbia Men's T-shirt
'...just to let u know, i became the Jacket and im loving it! =D Bye!! =D ...'
Sasa (10/02) Zebra Stripe Hoodie
'Thanks so much for prompt reply. She's chosen the Darkside Hoody and we look forward to it!! Brilliant Customer Service by the way x'
Julie (17/04) Darkside Hoody
'Dear Marlene, Thank you very much for the order you've sent to me. I have just received it today. I am just surprised with such a fast service....I didn't expect I can get it today, it was nice surprise for me today, when I got back from my work. Your customer Martin'
Martin (16/04) Mens Striped T-shirts
'Hi Marlene, Just to let you know received the jeans and yes we have a result, they fit perfectly, and yes, Hannah was pleased!! So thanks again for everything and sorry for all the bother. You're a star! Have a great weekend and take care. Best wishes, Julie xx'
Julie (24/04) - Red Leopard Skinny Jeans
05/10: 'excellent customer services,thanks for keeping us informed every step of the way. you have made one teenage girl very very happy,and one mum with one less bent ear.. thank you'
Jayne (05/10) - Pink Striped Kitty Ears Hoodie, Green / Black Striped T-shirt
'Hi Marlene, Thank you for your lovely email. I'm really impressed by your personal approach to customer service, it's like breathe of fresh air. And thank you for the discount code, much appreciated. I will deffinitely be back to shop at littleblackcherry.'
Sarah (27/10) - Neon Green Skinny Jeans
'Just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with your company - I have recently placed two orders and have been delighted with the quality of the goods and the prompt delivery. I would recommend your company to friends'
Connie (16/01) - Icecream and Darkside Ladies Hoodies
'Hi, I just wanted to thank you for your constant contact and fantastic customer service.